We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to add to our small San Francisco-based
We take agile development seriously:
- We practice test-driven development (we use Rspec, Jasmine and Capybara).
- We pair program 100% of the time.
- We have a continuous deployment system: every git push gets deployed to production automatically
immediately after the tests pass.
- We have weekly retrospectives to look back on the past week and find ways to improve things for the next
- We bring people in for usability testing to learn about how real people use our app.
- We run A/B tests constantly to get real data on how features are working.
- We work hard during the day and go home at 6PM.
We strive for a nice working environment:
- Our open-plan office facilitates easy communication.
- Our custom pairing desks provide a more comfortable pairing arrangement.
- Our office space has large windows, lots of lights, hardwood floors and brick walls.
- We look for people who are easygoing and easy to get along with.
All of our developers have the following responsibilities:
- Add features to our Rails codebase, including front-end and back-end coding since we don't differentiate
- Improve our existing code.
- Participate in planning and product design.
- Help maintain our production systems.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com. Principals
only please (no recruiters). Please include some indication of work history (Github account, a resume, a
link to a resume, a link to your LinkedIn page, your blog, etc.) and a brief note about yourself. Because we
pair-program all day, we don't have time to check email until the end of the day so please be patient.